Bra Pattern, Linda Partial Band Bra Pattern
Bra Pattern, Linda Partial Band Bra is a beautifully fitting bra from the Pin-up Girls pattern series from Bra Makers Supply. This partial band bra uses underwires for part of its support system and has great lift and support. It has been specially designed to use with Duoplex, and other low-stretch fabrics; which give the best support and a flattering profile.
This is the pattern featured in parts of The Bra-makers Manual and on the Craftsy/Bluprint Classes.
Linda Partial Band Bra Pattern Optional Underwire Bra Pattern has three views –
- the original look with lace trim on the upper cup,
- one made entirely of fabric and
- one made in a stunning lace and fabric combo on the entire cup.
All views use fabric for extra comfortable straps. This pattern is available in over 90 sizes.
This pattern uses a unique sizing system, called the Bottom Cup Depth Sizing Method (BCD). All BCD sizes from 2.25 through 7.5 are included in this one pattern which offers the equivalent of over 100 ready-to-wear sizes. This includes the “in-between” sizes that ready-to-wear does not carry!
While wearing your best-fitting non-padded bra, be sure to hold the tape flat against your body and do not twist. Measure your BOTTOM CUP DEPTH, which is the measurement from the apex seam following the curve of the breast down to the seam at the wireline on the lower cup pattern piece – that is the Bottom Cup Depth. This number (in inches) is the pattern size you will use. For example, if you measure 5.25” BCD, you will trace the 5.25 size for all pieces.
Next, measure your RIB CAGE, pulling the tape snug against the skin but not tight. If you measure 34” on the rib cage, you will trace to the line marked 34 on the 5.25 band pattern piece.
The unique feature of the BCD system of sizing is that is the cup you’ve chosen is too small or too large, you simply make the next BCD size up or down.
- 0.5 metres of low-stretch knit such as Duoplex for the cups and frame
- 0.5 metres of Scalloped Edge Lace, 6″ wide or less(for view 2 only)
- 0.5 metres of Scalloped Edge Lace, 9″ wide or less (for view 3 only)
- 0.4 metres or less of sheer cup lining to use behind the lace (sheer view 2 or 3)
- 0.3 metres of Power Net for the back band
- 1.2 metres of 1/2″ Plush Back/Band Elastic for the bottom band BCD sizes 2.25 to 4.5
- 1.2 metres of 3/4″ Plush Back/Band Elastic for the bottom band BCD sizes 4.75 to 7.5
- 1.2 metres of ⅜” Plush Back/Band Elastic for top band
- 1.2 metres of ¼”-⅜” Fancy Edge Elastic for the neckline
- 0.6 metres of 3/8″ wide strip of stabiliser for the neckline
- 0.6 metres of ½” or ⅝” Strap Elastic for BCD sizes 2.25 to 4.5
- 0.1 metres of cut & sew foam padding if you want the straps padded
- 0.6 metres of 3/4″ Strap Elastic for BCD sizes 4.75 to 7.5
- 1 set of Rings & Sliders in a size to match the strap elastic
- 1 metre of Underwire Casing
- 1 Hook & Eye Set for the back (2 x 3 for sizes 2.25 – 4.5) or (3 x 3 for sizes 4.75 – 7.5)
- 1 Bow Embellishment for the front (optional)
- 1 set of Underwires in your size – view Underwire size chart