Bra Pattern, Ingrid Non-Wired Bra, Bra-Makers Supply
Bra Pattern, Ingrid Non-Wired Bra Pattern is an integrated bridge pattern with a split lower cup. The side and front panels help keep the breasts forward yet separated. Over 200 sizes from BCD 2.75 to BCD 9.0
Bra Pattern, Ingrid Non-Wired Bra Pattern is a bra without underwires that supports the breasts with an integrated bridge and a Gothic Arch but without that characteristic collapse of the center-front that is common in other non-wired bras. The split lower cup and the front and side panels keep the breasts directed forward yet still separated. The unique power net front panel helps keep air flowing in the central core between the breasts.
Bra Pattern, Ingrid Non-Wired Bra not only provides great support elements in a larger size non-wired bra, it also has the option of a zip front closing or a hook and eye front closing. It is also extra comfortable with the use of wide waistband elastic instead of the standard bottom band elastic. The basic design uses cup lining with cut & sew foam. It can also be constructed with lace lined with sheer cup lining.
This pattern uses a unique sizing system, called the Bottom Cup Depth Sizing Method (BCD). All BCD sizes from 2.25 through 7.5 are included in this one pattern which offers the equivalent of over 100 ready-to-wear sizes. This includes the “in-between” sizes that ready-to-wear does not carry!
While wearing your best-fitting non-padded bra, be sure to hold the tape flat against your body and do not twist. Measure your BOTTOM CUP DEPTH, which is the measurement from the apex seam following the curve of the breast down to the seam at the wireline on the lower cup pattern piece – that is the Bottom Cup Depth. This number (in inches) is the pattern size you will use. For example, if you measure 5.25” BCD, you will trace the 5.25 size for all pieces.
Next, measure your RIB CAGE, pulling the tape snug against the skin but not tight. If you measure 34” on the rib cage, you will trace to the line marked 34 on the 5.25 band pattern piece.
The unique feature of the BCD system of sizing is that is the cup you’ve chosen is too small or too large, you simply make the next BCD size up or down.
Required Materials to make Bra Pattern, Ingrid Non-Wired Bra:
- 0.5 m of stable fabric such as Duoplex or Sheer Cup Lining for the cups, underbust and side panel
- A piece of cut & sew foam for padding the straps 2″ x 10″ (5 x 25 cm)
- 0.3 meters of Power Net for the back band and front panel
- 1.5 m or less of 3/8″ finished width Fold-over Binding
- 1.2 m or less of Plush-Back Bottom Band Elastic sized according to the chart below
- 1.2 meters of ⅜” Plush Back/Band Elastic for top band
- .5 meters of 3/8″ wide strip of stabilizer for the neckline
- .6 m of of Strap Elastic sized according to the chart below
- 2 sliders and 2 rings in a width to match the strap elastic
- 1 Hook & Eye Set for the back sized according to the chart below
- 1 Bow Embellishment for the front
- Optional: 1.1 meters or less of 1.5″ (37 mm) plush waistband elastic
- Optional: 1 separating zipper 4-7″ long (10-18 cm) depending on your size
- Optional: Single row hook and eye tape for the front closing 4-7″ long (10-18 cm) depending on size
The complementary Ingrid Findings Kit, is available in both Small (enough for BCD 2.75 – 4.25) and Large (enough for BCD 4.5 – 7.5) both available in 15 colors