Bra Pattern, Classic Full Bra, Bra-Makers Supply
Bra Pattern, Classic Full Bra is a beautifully fitting bra from the Pin-up Girls pattern series from Bra Makers Supply. This classic full band bra can be made with or without underwires and has great lift and support. It has been specially designed to use with Duoplex, and other low-stretch fabrics; which give the best support and a flattering profile.
This is the pattern featured in The Bra Makers Manual and on the Craftsy/Bluprint Bra Making Classes by author Beverly Johnson.
The Classic Full Band Bra Pattern has three views –
- one made entirely of fabric
- one with lace trim on the upper cup
- one made with lace trim on the entire cup
All views use fabric for extra comfortable straps.
Bra Pattern, Classic Full Bra is available in over 100 sizes. All patterns have both French and English instructions and material lists!
This pattern uses a unique sizing system, called the Bottom Cup Depth Sizing Method (BCD). All BCD sizes from 2.25 through 7.5 are included in this one pattern which offers the equivalent of over 100 ready-to-wear sizes. This includes the “in-between” sizes that ready-to-wear does not carry!
While wearing your best-fitting non-padded bra, be sure to hold the tape flat against your body and do not twist. Measure your BOTTOM CUP DEPTH, which is the measurement from the apex seam following the curve of the breast down to the seam at the wireline on the lower cup pattern piece – that is the Bottom Cup Depth. This number (in inches) is the pattern size you will use. For example, if you measure 5.25” BCD, you will trace the 5.25 size for all pieces.
Next, measure your RIB CAGE, pulling the tape snug against the skin but not tight. If you measure 34” on the rib cage, you will trace to the line marked 34 on the 5.25 band pattern piece.
The unique feature of the BCD system of sizing is that is the cup you’ve chosen is too small or too large, you simply make the next BCD size up or down.
- 0.5 meters of low-stretch knit such as Duoplex for the cups and frame
- 0.5 meters of Scalloped Edge Lace, 6″ wide or less(for view 2 only)
- 0.5 meters of Scalloped Edge Lace, 9″ wide or less (for view 3 only)
- 0.4 meters or less of sheer cup lining to use behind the lace (sheer view 2 or 3)
- 0.3 meters of Power Net for the back band
- 0.1 meters of cut & sew foam padding if you want padded straps
- 1.2 meters of 1/2″ Plush Back/Band Elastic for the bottom band BCD sizes 2.25 to 4.5
- 1.2 meters of 3/4″ Plush Back/Band Elastic for the bottom band BCD sizes 4.75 to 7.5
- 1.2 meters of ⅜” Plush Back/Band Elastic for top band
- 1.2 meters of ¼”-⅜” Fancy Edge Elastic for the neckline
- 0.6 meters of 3/8″ wide strip of stabilizer for the neckline
- 0.6 meters of ½” or ⅝” Strap Elastic for BCD sizes 2.25 to 4.5
- 0.6 meters of 3/4″ Strap Elastic for BCD sizes 4.75 to 7.5
- 1 set of Rings & Sliders in a size to match the strap elastic
- 1 meter of Underwire Casing
- 1 Hook & Eye Set for the back (2 x 3 for sizes 2.25 – 4.5) or (3 x 3 for sizes 4.75 – 7.5)
- 1 Bow Embellishment for the front (optional – sold separately)
- 1 set of Underwires in your size (optional– sold separately)